7/26/05

Google Customizable Home Page

Is anyone using the Google Customizable Home Page yet? I am. It lets you pick your own content for the Google search page. For example, I added my stock quotes, weather for where I live, sports scores for the teams that I follow - it's pretty handy.

Well anyway, I was doing a search today and I noticed something new on my Google page. There is now a section on the left hand panel that lets you add RSS feeds to your Google page. So yes, I immediately added the RateItAll Recent Comments feed to my Google page.

Here's how you do it:

1) Go to your Google home page. If you don't have one set up yet, you can do so HERE.
2) Click on the "Add Content" link in the upper left hand corner
3) Click on the "Create A Section"
4) Copy and paste this url into the field: http://www.rateitall.com/recentcommentsrss.aspx

That's it. Presto, you have the freshest snapshot of RateItAll comments summarized on your Google home page.

I feel like I'm starting to sound like a broken record on this stuff, but I think RSS is pretty powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apture