7/26/06

Building a Good Weblist is a Team Effort

When Magellan started the Eighties Music Weblist a while back, I think it started with 40 or 50 songs. I thought it was fairly comprehensive, and a pretty good list.

Now the list is up to 174 songs - primarily due to tons of great suggestions from Virile Vagabond and Jamie McBain.

I have to think that this list is one of the best, and most comprehensive, selections of 1980's music on the Web. When you combine it with the ratings and reviews, it really is a nice resource.

The way that the Web works, I would imagine that folks are going to start stumbling onto this list and referencing it. Maybe they'll put a snapshot up on their own blog or MySpace profile using the RateItAll Widget feature. Maybe they'll just link to it. Maybe they'll invite their friends to rate it.

However they get here, my guess is that this list, by virtue of its comprehensiveness through teamwork, will get traffic.

And through the RIA Economy program, Jamie Mcbain, VV, and Magellan will all share in ad revenue as this happens.

I know I'm sort of a geek about RIA stuff, but when all the pieces come together, and people are sharing their knowledge to create quality lists, I think it's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apture