7/24/07

Anonymous Ratings?

Historically on RateItAll, a rating without a review has been as good as an anonymous rating. If I wanted to drop a five star rating on the new Britney Spears anthology, I could do so without fear of reprisal.

This may no longer be the case.

One of the unanticipated features of the new rating widget is the ability to see all of the raters of a given item. Let's take for example, the RateItAll Reviewers list. By building a rating widget for Magellan, you can now see all of the folks who have rated Magellan - whether or not they posted a review. To do this, just play around with the icons at the bottom of the widget.

While this may result in some awkward moments ("I can't believe so and so gave me a one star rating!!"), I do think that more transparency is generally a good thing.

However, now might be a good time to get your house in order in terms of being able to back up your ratings :)

7 comments:

  1. LOL, I'll admit it, I peaked . . . lots of stuff I already expected, though kind of surprising to know that I'm, ahem, "less popular" with a fair chunk of the female population. Oh well, "to each his own" . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, for me there was only one where I was like "I can't believe it!" I am also unpopular with the ladies BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, don't worry, I wouldn't take it personally; judging from a few that I've peeked at, only a small handful seem to be "female-approved" on RIA! (I'm so nosy tonight, I ought to be ashamed of myself! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is just GREAT (please note the sarcasim). Now I'm going to have to be held responsible for things I may have clicked going on 7 years ago! I think it should be noted that there were times when raters may click negative for more reasons than the obvious...yes, I admit to having moments of irritation and short temperedness...and yes, more than once I have been hacked about someone/something being shoved to the top of a list and attempted to retaliate. My suggestion to everyone is to take a lot of this negative opinion stuff with a grain of salt. I know I intend to do so - at least to a certain extent. ~ CastleBee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, not helpfuls are still anonymous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, but I bet you're working on it (o; LOL! That's okay - at least we can consider ourselves warned!

    ReplyDelete

Apture