6/16/05

Sorry for not posting yesterday...

... but I have a good reason.

For my birthday, my wife made me a fantastic meal followed by some killer brownies. I ate more brownies than I probably should have, as is my style. A couple of hours later, I was in the emergency room and was told that I will need to have my gallbladder removed. If anyone has had this supposedly routine procedure, I'd appreciate words of encouragement.

It's always nice when signs of the aging process correspond to your actual birthday. Actually, it's not that nice.

Anyway, I convinced the doctor to postpone the surgery because I am scheduled to speak at a Webmaster Conference in New Orleans next week. He said this should be fine, but I need to lay off the fatty foods and alchohol. Lay off the fatty foods and alcohol in New Orleans? Hit me where it hurts.

Anyway, enough of that... onto today's headlines:

  • Terri Schiavo is back in the news with the results of her autopsy being made public. Surgeon and Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist clarified that he was not making a prognosis when he suggested that doctors' analyses of Schiavo had been incorrect, just saying that there may not be enough info.
  • They hype for Batman Begins is already beginning.
  • The House of Representatives has voted to remove a Patriot Act provision that allows "Federal Agents to examine people's book-reading habits at public libraries and bookstores as part of terrorism investigations."
  • Ericsson and Napster announce plans for a music cell phone to compete with the one planned by Motorola and iTunes.
  • A new release from indie band Coldplay rockets to the top of the charts.
  • Live 8, a follow-up to 1985's Live Aid concert which raised millions for famine relief in Africa, has been scheduled for July 2 as a means to raise awareness for Africa debt relief. Live Aid organizer Bob Geldof is leading the efforts.

6 comments:

  1. Ouch. Sorry to hear that. That sucks. Wish you the best. Happy Birthday, at least. --kamy

    ReplyDelete
  2. tboneya... i don't think they were THOSE kind of brownies (but you never know). thanks for the words of encouragement. operation scheduled for July 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give me link to SEO software (promotion, advertisement, etc.). I'm need it to promote my new e-shop.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the firewall that came with my windows xp. I want a better one. What is a VERY good firewall i can download and use for free that dosen't slow down my computer?
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure you are better now. Have fun and take care of your health. You could saying off alcohol to an extend should do you good.
    --------------------
    Nithya

    Comprehensive resources for those looking for recovery from addiction. http://www.addictionrecovery.net

    ReplyDelete

Apture