- There was a one day lag in new things showing up in the search results
- Their search engine was a general search engine that had been tweaked to try and meet our needs - it was not build from the ground up specifically for RateItAll.
- The search results were hosted on a third party site, causing a very slight delay
Our newest engineer, Jonathan, has built a site search engine for RateItAll that is better and faster than what we had before:
- There are no more lags. If you add a new page (weblist, review, item) to the site, it will immediately be reachable via search.
- Search is rocket fast now - no bouncing back results from a third party site
- Search quality is better - because this search engine has been built for RIA, I think you'll find that the results are a bit better.
Please hammer away on the search engine and let me know if you see anything screwy.