9/13/06

Videos on RateItAll

You can now plug YouTube or Google Video videos into RateItAll. Here's an example (click through on any item to see the video):

Best National Anthem Performances - View All
Marvin Gaye - NBA All Star Game
(1)
Carl Lewis Sings the National Anthem
(0)
Edmonton Oilers Fans Sing O Canada
(0)
Grateful Dead Sing National Anthem at Giants Game
(0)
Mo Cheeks Helps Out Struggling Girl
(0)
Whitney Houston - Super Bowl
(0)
RateItAll.com - A network for opinionated individuals.


I'll follow up with a post on how to do this tomorrow....

5 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying this feature - this is a perfect compliment to my Outrageous Moments in Sports list. Mega-kudos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was me, btw...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think this could be huge for people who like Weblisting. The implications are bigger than just video, of course. With this functionality you can embed anything: music tracks, image files, audio clips, video games... there are sites that provide "widgets" for all of these things. In the coming weeks I will be pointing folks to some cool widgets that they can use to make weblists, or to add bling to their profile pages.

    There are still a few bugs - for example, I tried to add a couple audio clips from Odeo, and a couple of Bunchball games and it didn't work.

    I was able to add a last.FM widget to rateitall.com/magellan

    This stuff will enable a whole new form of self expression.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I am setting up a "RateItAll Video" index channel that will house all video enabled weblists..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,
    "YouTube (along with MySpace) is being sued by Vivendi/Universal for copyright infringement..."
    I have to look into this for truth and to see whether end users are being targeted.
    Annoying.
    - V

    ReplyDelete

Apture