8/2/06

Testing a Chat Service

Hi All, I'm testing a chat service (check out the right margin).

It's a "widget" called MeeboMe that was developed by the Web based IM service Meebo.

What I like about it:

- It's free, private, one on one chat.
- No downloads required (it's web based)
- You can put it anywhere that accepts html code - blogs, profile pages, etc.
- No logins required for folks who want to chat with the host.

One thing that's sort of a hassle is that in order for the host (in this case me) to receive the chat messages, they have to have a browser window with Meebo open.

Overall, however, I think this could be really powerful.

I'm sort of thinking that this would be something that some folks might want to add to their RIA profile pages. They wouldn't have to add it, but if they wanted to add it, they could.

Feel free to send me a chat message (edit your "guest" nick so I know who i'm talking to).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apture